Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Genesis 10:10 by He'brew



Beer: Genesis 10:10
Brewer: He'brew (Schmaltz Brewing Company)
Style: American Strong Ale
ABV: 10%
Color: Dark Amber
Container: 22oz Bottle
Price: $4.99
Rating: 7/10

My first sip of this got a "Wow." Very complex flavor. Malty, with hints of fruits. Noticeably cherry. Some dates. I expect that some of the fruityness comes from pomegranate juice added to it (sacrificed as the website says), but pomegranate tends to be tart, which is hidden in the beer quite well. Pours with a nice head that doesn't dissipate quickly. Would be an 8, but after warming I began to taste a bit of a hint of soap to the flavor.

Genesis has Warrior, Centennial, Cascade, Willamette, Simcoe, Crystal, and Mt. Hood hops. It also features 2-row, Caramel 40, Munich, Black Malt, Wheat, and Dark Crystal 80 malts.

Since the beer companies opening, I had wanted to try one of their beers. I mean, c'mon, who could pass up a kosher beer? This is my first sampling and I will definitely need to try more of their offerings.

No comments:

Post a Comment